This Privacy Notice describes how and when I collect, use, and share information when you purchase an item from me, contact me, or otherwise use my services or my related sites and services. This Privacy Notice does not apply to the practices of third parties that I do not own or control, such as delivery or payment processing companies . Please note that by using or accessing this site you are indicating your agreement to these policies. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use or access this site.
Information I Collect
I want to assure you that any data collected on this website is only ever used by Karen Waters LLC with the sole intention of communicating with you, and delivering products, services and content.
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information*, and the details of the products that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information, if you contact me directly. Your information is never shared with third parties who do not play a direct role in the purchase and delivery of goods and services that I am offering.
*Your credit card details are communicated directly from your browser to our secure payment processor. Karen Waters LLC never sees or has access to your credit card numbers.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my email list. (Please note that at the bottom of every email you receive from me, you are provided with the option to unsubscribe. You can also contact me directly to unsubscribe at any time.)
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I would never sell your personal information, however I must share it for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to conduct normal business, such as delivery and payment processing companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I do my best to protect the data that you share with me, and use only trusted service providers in all aspects of my daily business. Unfortunately, no system is foolproof. When you share your information with me, or on this website, you agree that Karen Waters and/or Karen Waters LLC is not responsible for any intercepted information, and you release Karen Waters and/or Karen Waters LLC from any claims arising out of or relating to the use of this information.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as MailChimp is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Karen Waters LLC, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me here. Alternately, you may mail me at: Karen Waters LLC, PO Box 201, Tesuque, New Mexico, 87574 USA
Privacy Notice Updates
This privacy notice may be updated from time to time. Your continued use of the site indicates your acceptance of the up-to-date privacy notice.
Privacy notice updated May 24, 2018